OpenSea has partnered with Kred to run an auction- “The Kred Top Level Domain,” for Kred domains. This auction will be an ENS (Ethereum Name Service) auction.
- The auction will take place on March 20th.
- The list for this premium auction will be released on February 20th.
- A guide to DNS ENS Kred TLD will be released by the Kred team on January 20th.
- After the successful completion of the auction, the general Kred domains will be made available to the public after April 20th, as per reports.
The distinctive features of this partnership:
Kred Domains are registered for both ENS as well as DNS. They are governed by Kred Domain Token. This interesting feature opens up the possibility of using them for regular websites as well as ENS names. It’s like handling the Kred Domain Token will be effective in both ENS and DNS information updates.
The Kred Domain has unique features that include:
- Both the wallet and web addresses are supported by the Kred domain.
- The Kred domain is ERC721 compliant and Kred is ICANN accredited.
- The wallet developers will be supported with a “Safe Send Lookup API” by Kred.
- Early embracers of this domain will be offered royalties too. The first time users will get 3 percent royalty on every time the domain token will be resold after 20th March.
It’s not OpenSea’s first partnership:
OpenSea is a platform for decentralized web services which offers crypto-based collectibles, gaming options, and other Ethereum blockchain-based services. The company partnered with Ethereum Name Service (ENS) team back in October 2019. This partnership was done to sell “exclusive ENS .eth names” on the platform. It offered 3 to 6 character ENS names. As a result, there were 50,355 bids in total for 7,670 names, with 5,698.97 ETH in the winning bids.
Looking at the past success-record of OpenSea, we hope this partnership will bring forth greater success and push the crypto sphere towards a more innovative future.